- HIRE PERIOD
Hire period is for a weekend hire (Friday to Monday). Please ring to discuss long term and mid-week hires.
- CONDITION OF GOODS
Goods are despatched clean and undamaged. All shortages or breakages, including chipped or cracked items will be charged at the replacement costs shown in the price list. Customer’s goods cannot be accepted as replacements.
In the event of the Hirer cancelling the Contract less than 4 weeks but more than one week prior to commencement of the Period of Hire, 50% of the Total Hire Charge will be payable. In the event of the Hirer cancelling the Contract One week or less prior to the commencement of the Period of Hire, the full Total Hire Charge will be payable.
All goods must be returned in the same packaging as they were delivered in. Any lost or damaged containers will be charged accordingly.
- WRONG GOODS
Any goods returned, other than those supplied, will be held for the client’s collection for ONE month and then disposed of.
- OWNERSHIP OF GOODS
All goods remain the property of Janet’s China Hire.
- RIGHT TO SUBSTITUTE GOODS
Janet’s China Hire reserves the right to substitute with the nearest type or size of goods, should the original choice of goods not be available for causes beyond our control.
Any discrepancies must be notified within 12 hours of delivery/collection.
A deposit of 25% of the hire charge will be required to confirm the booking and the balance payable the week before the event. Invoices will be sent after the event for any late additions or missing items.
In addition to the deposit there is a £40 DAMAGE RETAINER FEE to be paid upon acceptance of estimate.This Fee will be refunded either in full or with the damages invoice deducted once the order has been returned and checked.The Fee of £40 applies to any value order.
- RESPONSIBILITY OF HIRER
Your responsibility for the goods begins when you or your agent receive the goods and ends only when the goods have been returned to us or collected by us. Your responsibilities include safe keeping of the goods and protection against the elements, theft, vandalism or improper use. You are responsible for the return of the goods and making clear arrangements with us for the collection of the goods at the end of the hire.
f you wish to insure the goods whilst in your possession you are advised to cover the full replacement value of the goods which can be calculated from the price list.
- JANET’S CHINA HIRE LIABILITY
(i) Janet’s China Hire will not be responsible or liable for any injury, accident or damage caused through the use or misuse of goods/equipment supplied.
(ii) All timings which we state or indicate for delivery or collection are approximate.
(iii) We will not be liable for any delays caused by any circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
- Gas appliances should not be used below ground level. Gas cylinders should be sited outside.
- Queries on goods received must be notified within 12 hours of delivery as replacement items cannot be guaranteed on the day.
- Drivers collecting goods are not authorised to return deposits or check goods.
- Table linen must not be returned or stored damp or wet. Damage resulting from mildew or other stains and burn marks that will not respond to laundering will be charged at full replacement cost.
- The hired equipment is solely intended for use and storage indoors unless specifically designed and manufactured for use outdoors. If the equipment is used or stored outdoors the hirer is fully responsible for damage caused by the weather or any other associated hazard.
- Cutlery must be rinsed after use. Under no circumstances should scourers or abrasives be used on any hired equipment.
- Extended hire terms available on request.